Sunday, March 02, 2008

Surprising Ways God Answers Prayer - Karen Barber

Finally! I managed to finish reading the book I bought last Tuesday, the same book I stated in me previous post. Like I mentioned before, all the way through the book, I can't stop shedding tears in every stories on how God suprising answer prayer, in means we never expected. It took me a while to finish the book, because I stopped and reflecting on my life after reading several testimonies. And without realizing it, I'm practicing what is suggested in this book.

Now, this book is not a prayer manual on how to pray, but on the means and ways God answers prayer based on the collections of real-life wonders from real-life Christian friends of the authoress. This 254-page book is valued at RM 21.90 (in Capstone, Kota Kinabalu). The content of this book is divided into several chapters, all based on the categories of prayer surprises:

  1. Surprised by Prayer
  2. Surprised by Unlikely Means
  3. Surprised by Presence
  4. Surprised by a Word
  5. Surprised by a Call to Pray
  6. Surprised by a Partnership
  7. Surprised by Scripture
  8. Surprised by Power
Interesting book I say, because this book is amazingly written with some personal reflection by the authoress and alternated with testimonies. Very humble choice of words, which gives the reader a picture of how magnificent our Creator and Saviour is.

This book is definitely recommended by me to intercessors and also fellow Christians who wants to know how God answers prayer in a personal level. Two thumbs up!

No comments: